Sunday, October 02, 2005

God's Mysterious Missions

Hey I arrived back here in Cape Town 24hrs ago from being in a little town called Prince Albert. I went up with 12 other ambassadors for Christ as we planned to bring the gospel in a tangible form to the people for a week.

We did a lot of things and God really working through us which rocked. The problem with going on mission and doing a lot of things for God is you can very easily get burnt out and tired, which happened to a few of our team members but not too bad.

When we arrived we thought that the guys were going to stay in the church hall and the girls in hosted homes which weren’t the case when we got there, so all 13 of us had to go and stay in one big house all together. Now this was weird but we realised afterwards how God had a hand in on the situation, for if we hadn’t been together we would not have been able to have any planning meetings or devotions at the night time which we did everyday! I still don’t know what we would have done.

We ran a holiday club for the little kids like age 3-12. We had games and song time and did plays and skits for them. We went really spiritual and then did like a message at the end of the day on the life of David in 1 Samuel.

That went well, the only problem here was communication because all the kids didn’t speak English only Afrikaans which none of us were exceptionally great at, we occasionally used our own translators to get the message across. That went fine and the kids understood.

The one day we were required to do an open-air meeting which is just going to a place in the city and start preaching with worship with a keyboard and sharing testimonies. I was required to give a salvation talk there, but it got cancelled so I didn’t prepare at all. Then we got told that we had to drop everything and go down there and do it!! Of course my heart sank as I hadn’t done much on my speech I had to deliver it anyways and it went well, Glory to God!

We ran youth programs in the night and taught the youth there, I also preached there on true freedom, with translation.

We attended the prison there and there were approximately 20 men there, we shared testimonies and did skits. It was interesting to see their reactions and their faith in God.

On the last day we did the altar call and about 80% of the kids came up and gave their lives to Christ and accepted His blood over their lives. We all made friendships there and are really keen to go back as you always are when you find a real gem of a place.

One thing I learnt is how easy it is to break down the unity within a group and how much unity plays a role. You need to know each others strengths, weaknesses and capabilities. With unity you go as fast as the slowest person and bring everyone through.

One thing I realised at the end was that I had had a holiday from my mission work in South Africa and was then doing God’s work elsewhere. Now that I’m back its not that I’m not on mission anymore or that I’m a lost cause that I’m not “officially” on mission, I’m back and prepared to go for God once more.

3 People talking:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous >said...

Great work!
[url=http://kfjjqcvf.com/bxka/nhvf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://kiporpgh.com/bsfw/rdzq.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous >said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous >said...

Nice site!
http://kfjjqcvf.com/bxka/nhvf.html | http://djbbjyvi.com/ncnl/jxaw.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home