Friday, July 07, 2006

Tribute to failure

my instruments keep me
from the greatest prize of them all
the accolade above me
too far to reach
too exquisite to touch
my dreams
keep my inspired mind on edge
as the time becomes vulnerable
the losing stream catches up to me again
til the bell in clocked
and the glass is split
my reality slips ahead of time
unconsciously
my mind keeps it’s distance
as tempers begin to rage
afar from the soft, cool gust
engaging my rippled intellect
can I keep varying my approach
or will this inconsistency prevail?
announcing my dreamt future
should satisfy me in part
but if this prophecy stays at bay
it’ll certainly be my last
with downfall imminent
the danger is felt
too close to comfort
i alone won’t stand the fight
my death speaks louder
than one touch too soon
acute chance of defining my mark
in a history too cruel to care
the final bend strikes me down
into an everlasting pit of despair
as my life
my team
my world
hastily removes its possessive clutches
from my feeble hands
i am no loser
just a mere puppet of entertainment
i shall not use this failure
or swipe this cards chance
the opportunity has passed me by
only with me to stare and cry

1 People talking:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous >said...

Hey, long time no chat,

This is amazing. I feel like I can understand exactly what you are talking about and that is pretty cool knowing that someone thinks about things the same way I do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home